- Adjustable wear pads on the track extensions provide a long service life and a firm, positive, quiet ride during travel.
- The high-strength box section dozer blade can withstand impacts from curbs and man hole covers, while dozer blade hoses are protected by a steel plate.
- All the hoses on the 8018 CTS’ undercarriage are recessed for maximum protection.
- JCB’s state-of-the-art manufacturing process achieves ultimate build quality, reliability, durability, service life and machine uptime. Our in-house paint process guarantees quality and lasting protection.
QUALITY ABOVE ALL
- The lower door is made from steel, averting costly glass breakages.
- Our top-mounted boom ram is perfectly protected when loading trucks.
- The 8018 CTS uses the very latest sealing technology – O-ring face trapezoidal seal hydraulics minimize leaks.
- To optimize durability and service life, we’ve fitted replaceable steel bushings to the kingpost, dipper nose and bucket tipping link. This also provides smooth and accurate operation.
- The hydraulic hoses (including the auxiliary) are routed through the boom and dipper for ultimate damage protection.
- Our latest low-wear steel bushings are highly durable and reduce wear on pivot pins.
COMFORTABLY, VISIBLY BETTER
- The short pitched tracks engage every tooth on the sprocket for less vibration and noise, and a smoother ride.
- A large glass area and low hood profile provide excellent all-around visibility, including to the front right-hand track.
- We’ve used a one-piece seat base; this reduces machine vibration and provides high levels of operator comfort.
- Dozer extensions swing out easily, allowing operators to quickly and easily shift the dozer wings.
BUILT FOR PRODUCTIVITY
- The 8018 CTS boasts class-leading excavation performance: 2.34m depth, 4.12m reach, 2.62m height. There’s also class-leading lift capacity and a class-leading digging envelope.
- Tearout is a class-leading 16.2kN. Combined with fast cycle times, this allows you to do more work in less time.
- Our new hydraulic valve block allows you to travel in a straight line at the same time as selecting excavator functions, increasing productivity.
- Because the 8018 CTS weighs just 4,017lbs (1,822kg), it can be easily towed to wherever you need it.
- A powerful new 14.2Kw engine produces high torque at low revs, providing ample power for even the most demanding tasks.
EASE OF OPERATION
- A two-speed tracking button on the dozer lever is easy and intuitive to use.
- The 8018 CTS’ new hydraulic valve block results in smooth, controlled, precise and balanced operation of excavator functions.
- By improving the cab tilt angle by 17%, we’ve increased service access still further (it was already best-in-class). This design eliminates the need for restrictive servicing hatches in the floor.
- We’ve grouped all daily service points to make servicing quick and easy. Wide-opening service access panels are supported with gas struts for excellent access to routine check points.
- JCB’s impact protection front windshield protects the operator from flying debris when using breakers.
- The large door opening gives easy entry and exit.